Wednesday, May 25, 2011

These past few days have been absolutely beautiful!  I read the thermometer, and I almost fainted.  69 degrees!  Grandma and I worked outside for about an hour this afternoon edging the lawn, pulling/yanking  weeds, raking the moss that wouldn't be raked, and swatting pesky mosquitoes.  The mosquitoes must have sprouted right when the sun came out.  Bug spray won't drive them away, and if you swat one, five more fly into your eyes, ears, and mouth (extra protein). 

Sunday night we ate dinner out at Ward Lake with the Hamlins.  While we were building the fire some of our other friends were out on the lake kayaking, and they paddled over to say "Hi."  After dinner, we hiked around the lake.  When we got back the fire hadn't died, and a few pieces of wood later and it was blazing brightly.  I was taking pictures with my camera of  4 year old Lyndie and she climbed up into a tree and called, "It's okay, you can take a picture of me," 

Monday morning was Kendall's first day of work.  Her job is within walking distance, but for the first morning mom drove her over.  I didn't take any pictures of her, but I took some of the docks!  Have a beautiful evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment