Friday, December 3, 2010

Poem

The Fragrant Rose


I smelled the sweetest fragrance
Coming from the garden bed
But all I saw were weeds and thorns
Faded flowers limp and dead


The roots of bitterness had grown
To such a tremendous size
All around were weeds of hypocrisy
Ungratefulness and pride


But still I smelled the fragrance
Like perfume in the air
Deep inside that garden
I knew a flower must be there


I asked the Lord to show me
As I got down on my knees
Immediately we went to work
Removing weeds, thorns, and debris


There stood in the garden
No longer hidden from one's view
A beautiful precious lovely rose
All covered with beads of dew


Jesus, the Rose of Sharon
Whispered so serene
If others are to see me
Then your garden must be clean

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you made that poem. Who did, its beautiful.

    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Ya, did you write that or did someone else? It illustrates the issues of our hearts so wonderfully. Anyone who has ever dealt with weeds or a garden can relate! It's very thought provoking!
    Miss ya.
    Kota

    ReplyDelete